Licence conditions may vary according to the types of service. Some of the common conditions imposed on licensees are given below:
- to apply up-to-date technology to perfect the quality of broadcasting and comply with the broadcasting coverage requirements;
- to handle complaints and conduct training programmes to ensure that their staff are familiar with the broadcasting standards;
- to broadcast on domestic free television programme service no less than a stipulated minimum amount of comprehensive news bulletins, current affairs, documentaries, advisory and arts and culture programmes etc. in a specified period of time;
- to implement the plans on capital investment and programme development as approved by the Communications Authority; and
- to keep proper maintenance of their equipment and transmitting stations.
General Licence Conditions